What's Email Connect
This feature allows you to securely connect your email with ReceiptJar so your online receipts are uploaded automatically!
Traditionally, you need to forward your e-receipts one by one manually to earn points. Now with Email connect, let us do all the work! Connecting your first email will also earn you 100 points (once off)!! ✨
*Please note that you will not receive the 100 point bonus for all subsequent email inboxes connected.
How to set it up?
1) Go to the "Online" tab in your app
2) Tap the Add Email Connect button.
3) Sign in to your email
4) Enable 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) if you haven't
5) And then done!
What's 2FA and how to set it up?
Two Factor Authentication, or 2FA, is an extra layer of protection used to ensure the security of online accounts beyond just a username and password. (Turn on 2FA)
- You must enable your 2-Step Verification to connect your email account.
- You will be asked to log in.
- A Enable 2-Step Verification page will pop up.
- It will then land you on the Google Accounts 2-Step Verification page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Get Started’.
- Google will take you through the process of setting up your 2-Step Verification.
My connection was not successful
Here are the possible reasons why your connection was not successful:
- 2-Step Verification is not enabled.
- The email you're trying to connect is already being used by another ReceiptJar account.
- Your account is through work, school or other organisation.
- You’ve turned on Advanced Protection for your account. Please turn this settings off in order for us to generate an App Password.
My receipts are not being added but my account is connected
Here are the possible reasons why your receipts are not being added to your ReceiptJar account:
- The vendor is not on the list of vendors that we accept.
- Make sure the email you connected is the correct email address you store your online receipts.
- We only accept the original email from the actual merchant. Screenshots or PayPal confirmation emails are NOT accepted.
All receipts must include:
- Retailer's name
- Items Purchased
- Date & Time of Purchase
- Total Amount Paid
My email provider is not on the list
If you can’t find your email provider, click the icon button ‘Forward it instead’
You can submit email receipts to ReceiptJar by forwarding it to email@example.com.
For more information about forwarding, please go Online Shopping Receipts help article.